Friday, December 18, 2009

Tale Fifty One: 2009 Review Meme!

Snakedriver at Bible of Dreams post a meme at Blog Azeroth Shared Topic (I'm probably 2 weeks behind on those.)

In return, I'll tag Keeva over at Tree Bark Jacket, Leafy at Leafshine, Averna (so we can get her back into the blogging world) at Nerf This Druid , Caliban at GnomeDruid, Termenus at Whats?! In The Hat!? (not really a WoW blog -though WoW is sprinkled here and there- but a guildie from Lords) and.... how many did we have to tag again?

Anyways...


What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Considering this is my first real year of raiding, I'd have to say being ready for a patch. I've never been able to fight a new boss (raiding wise) in the first week it came out. With 3.3, I was able to go in on Wednesday and drop kick Lord Morrowgar.

What was your favorite new place that you visited?
Honestly? It'd have to be River's Heart. It's probably one of the most visited and known places in Northrend. But when I was leveling Tauren Littlebark (way back in the day), I accidently stumbled upon it while killing all those crocidiles and it took my breath away. I immediatly thought that if I were ever to have a WoW wedding, it'd be there. Scholar Bazin in general is such a wonderful place, I think Blizzard did a beautiful job with it. That, and its music.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More PvP on Littlebark, I think. Specially Resto PvP. Mr Littlebark's rogue and feral LB did a stint of PvP awhile back, and it was fun! I also PvP with my brother-in-law but since we're not in the same house, we start off together and then he sneaks off and I'm left to fend for myself. Not fun. But yes, I think I would love to Resto PvP. They seem to be annoying to try to kill.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This is going to sound silly, but getting the Walrus-Men Fishing Pole, along with my of Darnassus and of Stormwind tittle. I have to make it very clear here: I am not one to grind. I hate rep grinding. So when I actually set a goal and stuck to it... *deep breath* yeah, I was so happy to be done with it. Took me about 2weeks, sometimes I'd log in to do just that.

What was your biggest failure?
I wouldn't call it failure, more of regret. We never got Yogg down. We got to phase 2, then it all went to pieces. Not long after, we started to focus more and more on the Coliseum, so that Yogg and Ulduar was soon forgotten.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Again, it'd have to be patch 3.3. I was silly excited. While the servers were down, my fellow guildmate and I were on Facebook looking at strategy guides and talking and speculating. I stocked up on everything! THIS IS THE BIG ONE, DAMN IT! Arthas himself! The honcho, the boss, the one who rules the Scourge!!!


What do you wish you'd done less of?
Huh. Less of. Maybe... play a little less. I'm constantly on, even if I'm just afk... but yeah. I mean, I don't regret it. But I am on A LOT.

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
I don't listen to podcasts. Actually, that's a lie. I was listening to the Twisted Nether Podcast last night but it happens to clash in right with raid time. So, I had to turn them off :( a damn shame too, because they were speculating on the whole who's gonna be the next Lich King.

As for my favorite blog... it'd have to be a toss up on Tree Bark Jacket and Nerf This Druid. Keeva does an excellent job of getting her point across and Averna is comically funny in all of her posts.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
That there is heartache even in a game such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment