Okay! Well you know that I’m a “blogger” now, which basically means I have to spend HOURS upon HOURS of reading other blogs.
And I ran across this on Keredria's blog: The WoW Spouse.
I laughed. Before, at one point -when I used to play more- I would have agreed to more than half of these.
Here we go! The purple is my own little thoughts, because you know… I’m awesome like that.
1. You and your WOW spouse regularly share mats or food buffs.
Okay, we didn’t really share stuff because you had everything. But you shared stuff with me! I guess I shared when I started to put down Fish Feasts…
2. There are inside jokes that you and your WOW spouse share. You and your WOW spouse may also joke and kid around by giving each other a hard time about certain things.
Well, we had the whole “Littlevoice” inside thing going on. And you even made up the ******AnAss channel so we could joke, kid and give each other a hard time. You know that a whisper would have sufficed right?
3. You can be bluntly honest with each other about raid performance, gear choice, or whatever. You're comfortable enough to point things out and ask what the heck they think they're doing.
I’ll never forget the day when I was tanking on my pally, and I kept loosing aggro. I was annoyed beyond reason, and ever so gently with a hint of laughter in your voice you said, “Hon? Righteous Fury.” You still are my go-to Guru for everything.
4. When something eventful happens in an raid, your WOW spouse is the first person you start whispering frantically. Or over vent in a raid, one WOW spouse may yell to the other to do something, to which the other responds, "Geez, I'm doing it already!".
Haha! Yes! Of course, you’d be the first person I’d start whispering, if Fara wasn’t on. Sorry, but sometimes gossip can only be shared by girls first. But if you were in the raid or group and someone pulled an asshat move, I’d start bitching to you.
5. Your WOW spouse knows exactly what type of elixirs, potions, or flasks you consume.
I’m pretty sure this one is standard, right? Fish Feast with a Flask of Frost Wyrm on the side.
6. You can finish each other's sentences over vent or find that you are thinking the same things at the same time.
I don’t think this one rings true to us… I think I’d be slightly scared if I started to finish your sentences because then that would mean I know what you’re thinking. And that right there is a scary scary thing.
7. Your WOW spouse knows almost as much or more about your real life as your best friend or real life spouse does.
Maybe as much as my best friend but not as much as Shock. He does hang around me all day long, after all.
8. You and your WOW spouse may have disagreements or minor spats. But you know these spats aren't the end of the relationship, spouses are bound to disagree at times! The WOW wife then waits for the WOW husband to come back with flowers and apologies.
Hmm… I don’t know about this one. Usually it’s you and Shock disagreeing over stuff. I’m just kind of in the background, rolling my eyes at Shock and nodding at you with sympathy.
9. No one else knows how to push your buttons or guilt trip you as well as your WOW spouse.
I totally agree with this one. I remember when I transferred Littlebark over to Alliance, and left a note on the forums. And when I went to check if you’d read it, you said something like “maybe I’ll see you when I PvP.” I turned to Shock, tears STREAMING down my face and wailed “I’ll never get to see him because he never PvPs!!!”
Yeah. You made cry!
10. Your friends and your real life spouse know about your WOW spouse.
Shock knows about you, obviously. I think he got sick of you at one point in Ulduar, where I would start 70% of my WoW conversations with “Grimm says that…” or “today, Grimm and I…”
The only friend of mine who knows about you is Rak-something. She was in our guild briefly, and I’d talk to her about you a lot. What can I say, you influenced my gaming!
All my other friends don’t care about WoW, and therefore, don’t care about you. Sad, isn’t it?
PS: I actually thought about this, and since you're all buddy buddy with Apadwa, "WoW Spouse" isn't really the right term is it? WoW Accomplice?