Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tale 9: Legendery Mace + Grimm

Oh jeez. I’ve barely started and I have already begun to slack.

Bad LB! (And no! That does not mean Lifebloom)

Alright, allow me to catch up real quick.

Belated happy 4th of July, all you Americans!

Michael Jackson, dead.

Farrah Fawcett, dead.

Oxy clean guy, dead.

Erm, some coup d’état in Honduras.

And I can’t think of anything else.

Let me start of by saying: grats to my guild leader and awesome shammy healer, Grimmstone. He got the first drop (I think… I’ve kind of been absent from raids lately) of a
Fragment of Val’anyr. I honestly can’t think of anyone better to go to (in our guild). Here’s why:

1) Grimm (or Grimmy as I love to call him) is always there for us. Like always. If he’s online and we need his help, he will come help. Unless he has other plans or like… his kids dies (God forbid! =O) he will say, “sure!” and come to a wipefest with us.

2) Grimm has like…5 level 80 toons. Whenever he accepts a raid that I lead, he always says, “I’ll go on whatever toon you need me.” Unlike me, who would much rather play who I want to play, he will always put the raid make up’s need before anything.

3) He’s always at the top of the healing charts. Yes, I know healing charts mean nothing because blah blah blah. I’ve heard the arguments thanks very much. (ie for those of you who haven’t: a disc priest who is healing the MT. Their arsenal is their bubble/penance/divine aegis. Which prevents the damage, therefore the MT doesn’t need as much healing. Meaning they show up last on the healing charts because they’re technically not healing rather preventing damage done.) Anywho. Grimm. Top of Charts. I know I tease him because he spasm his chain heals ALL THE TIME! But I can never beat him. Ever. Even if I put my HoTs + Heal the MT/OT/Raid even though my job is the OT + using Nourish more than I have too. I can never beat him. He’s just… ubber. And deep down I know that the only way I’ll beat him is if…hmm… I can’t. *grumble* I hate him sometimes *grumble*

4) He’s a troll shaman. Enough said.

5) He has every profession imaginable. His inscription is maxed (with all the new glyphs too!), he has an Alchemist, a Jewelcrafter, an Enchanter and a bunch other things. He’s like the Go-To Guru or something. And again, I don’t think he sells this stuff. It’s always for the guild.

All in all, Grimm’s a great guy when he’s not randomly demoting you or hitting on Apadwa (long story. Just don’t ask). He really cares about our guild and our progression. He gives us nicknames. (Mine’s LB or Lovebug. My fiancée’s is Jerkface. And there’s this dude in my guild whose nickname is Piss Boy. Should I be jealous? =P) He doesn’t act like an a$$ whenever we do something stupid in the raid (other than demoted us to Turd). He makes us feel good when we down a boss. And I couldn’t be happier that Fragment went to him.

But like I’ve said earlier, I’ve been missing raids. The fiancée is all like, “hey LB! We’re too nerdy. We never see friends anymore. We don’t have a social life. WoW shouldn’t be our top priority! And it’s my Dad’s birthday dinner so we can’t go to Ulduar.”

To which I counter with: “RAWR!”

Yes yes. Social life and friends, and all good fun. BUT! You can have a social life in WoW! You talk to people in Vent! You guild CHAT! You want dinner? PIZZA!

Hehe.

So to recap. Grats Grimm on being awesome. Guildwise, the fragment rightfully belongs to him.

I haven’t given you guys my views on Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings, so here it goes.

The mace is a healing mace. Yay Healers. So basically every Paladins, Priests, Shaman, and Druids will be able to equip it.

Here are the stats at the moment:

Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
Binds when picked up
Main Hand Mace
93-298 Dmg
(108.8 damage per second) Speed 1.80
+52 Stamina
+54 Intellect
Durability 125
Requires Level 80
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 47
Equip: Improves haste rating by 46
Equip: Increases spell power by 587
Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed."The power of creation courses through this weapon."

See that red there? That’s what makes this a legendary weapon. You shield the target. And that absorbs the damage equal to 15% the amount you healed? Awesome!

I won’t go into detail about the beauty that this mace is because all other bloggers have done so in one way or other. But it is worth mentioning, of course.

The stats don’t really blow me away. The spell power is very yummy…. Hmmm… maybe I’ll just jump Grimmstone in Dalaran while he’s afk and take it from him.

=D

And guess what? Congratulations Snuggleme from the Kil’jaeden server! He formed the first
Val’anyr ever!

A really good site for it is
http://valanyr.com/. And of course www.mmo-champion.com , or www.wow.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, sweetie. You're very kind.

    I'll try to play my tank more so you can top the healing charts. :)

    Grimmy

    ReplyDelete