Monday, November 16, 2009

Taler Forty Four: Everyone has already talked about it!

But I really don't care.

Several bloggers have given their opinions on the pets that you can now purchase off the Blizzard store.

Some reacted positively, some negatively and others just didn't care.

I reacted positively.

When I saw the Monk months ago on the Wow.com site, I was thrilled. I'd promised myself that I would grind and sweat blood until I got him.

When I saw that I could buy him for $10, I was happy.

Saresa from Destructive Reach made a video on her view. I saw it and while I didn't agree with somethings, enjoyed it quite alot.

Two things that stuck out for me:
-'$10 is alot'
-You don't get the sense of satisfaction like you do from grinding a pet.

To the first point: to some people $10 IS alot. And if it is, you don't buy the pet. Keeva from Tree Bark Jacket knew that she had car payments ($6000 is 9 months! Woo hoo Keeva!) and therefore did not buy the pet. However, when her friend bought it for her, she was happy. As she said, she'll lecture him about his car payments later!

For those of you that don't know, I'm a college student and I work part time. I live with Mr. Littlebark and we share all our bills. Even with this, to me, $10 is NOT a lot. And $5 of it goes to the Make A Wish Foundation. That right there made me happy I bought it. Sure. $10 could get you a meal at McDonald's or new socks, etc. But it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it.

The second point: I have never grinded for a pet. Ever. I think the only thing I've grinded for is the Talbuk from Nagrand. And that took me almost 6months after I dinged 80. Did I get a "OHMYGOD you guys! Look what I got!" feeling? Nope. It was a "Ohmyeffing God. About frigging time!"

When I logged in and summoned the Monk and Lil KT, I was so happy! I DID get the "OHMYGOD YOU GUYS! I GOT HIM!" feeling. Even now, I love to summon them and giggle when I hear the Monk playing around. I understand that to some people, it might be all "Ho hum". But to me, it's fun. I would have grinded for it, but I didn't have to.

What was even better was that because of my Monk and Lil KT, one of my guildmates bought one too. Another guildmate had just bought it before me. Already, that's $15 for the Make a Wish Foundation.

So to the people that say that $10 is too much for a pet, let's talk numbers:

WoW Game Card (two months): ~$32.00
Snacks (monthly): Varies for people.
Meals (take out): Varies for people

So, in reality, you're spending quite abit on WoW. What about those of us who have multiple WoW accounts? Or, why bother buying the Collector's Edition of a new Xpac? The normal version will give you just as much as the other one.

So you see, I guess my pet peeve is: people slamming those who BUY the pets. You don't have to buy them. So can you please stop calling us Morons and telling us it's silly? As Chandler Bing once said, "We are rather fond of the silly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment